Gotten quite a few emails in the last week or so on Morpheus usage. They're mainly from students but there have been a few commercial queries as well. I tried to be clear in the docs, so I'm not sure if folks just aren't reading it or if I need to clarify. Some insight there would be helpful. (the docs are here). If it's not clear please lemme know.
So I'm gonna try to elaborate some...
- Crediting - please just credit to Josh Burton and a link to the project website (http://www.joshburton.com/projects/morpheus.asp) where anyone looking can find a full list of contributers.
- If you are a student working on school projects (including competitions) or a professional working on personal work - you can pretty much do whatever the heck you like with Morphy so long as the 'would Pixar make this kind of animation' rule has been met. Short film? Go right ahead. Competition? Knock yourself out. Yes, I know that you might win some money. If you do, awesome. There is a place to make a donation should you choose but I'm not asking or requiring anything.
- If you are a school or competition wanting to point people to the rig - Awesome. Please use the link here - http://www.joshburton.com/projects/morpheus.asp
- If you are a professional or group of professionals working a commercial project - I've had a few queries on this and haven't come to a solution I'm comfortable with yet. I will say I am not in the least bit open to one time buy out option especially with an exclusive clause. I am open to talking about per project kind of stuff. If you'd like to chat about it, send me an email.
- If you are someone who doesn't care about permissions or creator's intent - Really doubt if what I say would matter so not gonna bother. If it ever becomes an issue I can worry bout it then.