All characters shown copyrighted to their respective owners. But that "?" is all mine!
As I mentioned last post, I've been looking into doing another character rig. "Project Morpheus " is a temporary project name but for now it'll suffice. First thing I did was pull up some of my favorite rigs I've seen used to good effect so as to not recreate the wheel. Or at least not recreate the same silhouette. I was surprised how similar some of them were and decided to keep being different in mind as I started designing the character's body.
I'm in between gigs right now (waiting for answers on a couple of things) and trying to be productive in the downtime. Working on updating the reel,website and resume for another releasing of the doves hoping for an olive branch. Bokser wants me to do one more Garden City shot so I'll probably end up with one more there.
Been going through Jason Schleifer's fantastic rigging for animators series and learning loads I plan on implementing. He recently started releasing the DVD's himself at a substantial savings to what they had been on Autodesk's site.
Project Morpheus Goals:
- To create a flexible bipedal character for animation tests and even projects including modifiable body and facial proportions and features
- To develop more solid rigging muscles to add to my hireable toolset
- Write some rigging tools using python to learn the language and speed up workflow
- Using animator friendly principles from Jason Schleifer as well as ideas displayed in others rigs.
- Play with the idea of a free baseline rig and a more advanced option set rig setup that I might charge something for to help support character making (which I happen to enjoy)