It's a new year and I accomplished about 2 of my resolutions from last year. Let's see, what did I do this year? Hmm...
- Got engaged to my amazing fiance
- Taught a semester of college
- Finished working on 3 games at work (Stranglehold, Blacksite, and the next Ballers)
- Learned to write some mel scripts
- Grew my beard back
- Read a copious amount of books
- Visited Yosemite
- Moved to Austin
What else is going on...
- Glumpers - Amazing sound, beautiful animation. Just watch it.
- Project No Name. Still chugging along on my buddy Dave's film. I'm really excited to be working on full body stuff again. I've blocked a couple of scenes and am looking forward to digging in. I think it's gonna be a great piece.
- Share the Potion! - Check out an Animated short/commercial by my buddy Cory.
- Dynamics - I hate thee. I've been working on some dynamics at work and it's about to eat my lunch. I hear Maya's rigid bodies aren't well suited for what I'm making them do, but I don't have any other options at present. A work flow of move this, run 5 minute simulation, move that, 5 minute simulation isn't the most efficient. I'm sure there's better ways of working, but I did find this heartening read that let me know even the big budget movie guys have the same frustrations.