Update of the ole' demo reel. Some new work from the last year and a test of ole' Morpheus posted a couple of weeks ago.
What else has been happening....
- Next month I'm gonna be doing a demo at the Austin Autodesk group and am lookin forward to seeing some friends there. I'm just plannin on doing a general customization demo but if anyone that'll be there would like something more specific post here and I'll see what I can do.
- I also did a little interview for Simply Maya should you be inclined to check it out here
- Created a best of Morpheus channel on vimeo - http://vimeo.com/channels/226100
- Work has been trucking along on bbThingamarig or bbRigger (whatever we end up calling it). Here's an update of what I've been working on
- Curve tools - python based saving of compound and simple curves and creation and various other
- The rigging process -
- easy class based template creation is in place (one sided so far) with multiple arms, heads, whatever. Template has orientation and control helper objects which work well
- Saving of template settings into the rig itself for easy re-creation.
- Joint creation and orientation (from orientation helpers as well as the general orientation options from the settings.conf)
- Intelligent naming via type detection and tagging that happens in the rigging process accounting for children type names (i.e. groups deriving names from child and constraints getting their root from their objects as well).
- Iterative processing in place
- Absolutely unique name generation
- Able to process whole hierarchy at once
- Lots of other stuff:)